Well, today is the big day that we pick up Jakob!
I told Wayne that it is almost like we have a "scheduled C Section" since we know exactly when we will get him (except this child comes with teeeth).
We were up around 6 AM and I actually went to the gym for a bit. It was good to release some of this excess energy I have (I'm sure I won't be saying that for long).
We are so lucky this time with the hotel we are staying in. Accenture has a "good" rate (meaning better than the average guest) at this hotel. We are on the club level so we get free breakfast, snacks, and light dinner each day (and there is a great area for us to sit and play with him). This is a huge help to us since we will be staying here for 10 days. The restaurants here are so expensive...we actually spent $80 USD each on a sub-par buffet last night when we ate with Sam and Ann, one of the other Adopt-A-Child couples. I don't even think it was worth $8 USD!
The hotel has plenty of space to walk around and will be great for Jakob to explore.
It is now 8:45 AM, so just an hour and 15 min. before we go to the orphanage. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! It will be so wonderful to hold him, hug and kiss him again and finally keep him with us.
I'll try to post more later this evening.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Welcome into your new family, Jakob! We haven't met you yet, but we love you (and your mom and dad)! All three of you will learn many things about each other that you didn't know ... how exciting! We can't wait to hear about your first day...
Love,
Uncle Ed (and Aunt Stephanie & Cousin Ben)
Courtney & Wayne,
I actually woke up at 1:55 a.m. this morning, calculated the time change, and realized that you already had Jakob. What a great feeling!! I, too, can't wait to hear about your first day. Please give Jakob a hug and kiss from his Nana.
Love,
Mom/Pam/Nana Pam
Ok, so now it is 5.45pm Moscow time, which means you've picked Jakob up and have had him with you for some time. I wonder what you've all been through this first day. I opened your blog page and before even seeing any photos of you guys, Jonas said, "Beebob". Well we are excited to hear all about it.
Love from Nat, Jonas and Martin
Dearest Courtney and Wayne,
In the afterglow of Oscar Night,
the three of us in Hollywood are congratulating you on winning your own kind of "Oscar!" And be sure to give your little golden man extra hugs from his California kin. Can't wait to hear (and see) more, more, more!!!
All Our Love,
The Haydon-Wilsons
Those Turping 25 shirts are the cutest thing ever! What a great pic! Can't wait to welcome y'all back to Cowtown. :)
Post a Comment