Monday, April 20, 2009

Jakob's First Wedding + Reception + More!

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would post some cute photos and videos from the last couple of months.

We have done some ski trips to Silver Star, Fernie, Panorama and our "local" ski hill (Sunshine) that have consumed most of our weekends.

Jakob finally got to go to his first wedding and reception as we celebrated the marriage of friends Josee and Colin. We went to Montreal for 4 days and it was the first time we'd been there. Beautiful city, very European, and very good food. Jakob did not do so well during the wedding. Before Josee came out, he kept yelling, "where is Josee?" and then once she finally came out in her gorgeous dress, he kept yelling, "that is not Josee!" which I did not think would make the already nervous groom happy. So, Wayne took him out of the church and I could hear Jakob crying the whole way down (and so could everyone else). He was able to calm down and be quiet enough for the last 15 min. or so. Jakob REALLY enjoyed the reception so much that by the end of it, he only had his pants on (no shoes, no shirt) and all the girls were dancing with him! He is still singing the song "Shake Shake Shake Senora."

We are in the process of moving back to Houston in early June. While we are excited to get back to family and friends in Houston (and nearby locations), we will miss the great friends we've made here, Jakob's wonderful daycare and teachers, and of course, the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains!

My biggest concerns are finding in town projects for both me and Wayne, Jakob liking his new school and also not being too fearful of thunderstorms as he has never lived through them, and the dogs re-adjusting to the heat (they have become snow dogs). Nothing too hard, I'd say!

We hope our move back to Houston will allow us to see all of you more often!

Talk to you soon!
Courtney, Wayne, Jakob, Rosco and Bailey

Shake Shake Shake Senora

Yucky Boy (what we call Jakob when he acts like this)

2 comments:

Auntie Jan and Uncle Paul said...

Oh what great photo's you have sent everyone I have been hanging in waiting for them I love the Shake dance not so keen on the yucky little boy act,Ican remember going through many of them with my two boys it's all part of children.
Nice to know you will all be going home in June I hope it all goes smoothly for you all.
We have to wait a couple months to see if Pauls treatment is working he is doing well so far.
Love to you all from the family in South Australia.
Love Auntie Jan and Uncle Paul.
xxxxx

Pam said...

Turpins - Jakob looks like he might end up on "So You Think You Can Dance" one day. It looks like he really enjoyed himself - what fun for him! I agree with Auntie Jan & Uncle Paul - not so hot on the "yucky boy" video (even though I know he has his moments). I just want to think of him as Nana's little sweetheart!!
Hopefully, I will get to come for a week the first of May and see Calgary one last time before you move back to the states. I'm looking forward to my "Jakob time" and of course, my "daughter time," too.
He has had so many great experiences since you have been in Calgary, but the family is really excited on you getting closer.
Thanks for still sharing after a year!
Love to all of you,
Mom/Pam/Nana Pam